Ditto on the dog getting better. I have Labs myself. Parvo/corona are such ugly, messy diseases. I had not had a virus in 20 yrs.+ and it was so frightening. I felt so invaded (I have several dogs, It hit one after another, same virus killed my friends stud dog this year, after infecting her 60 bay kennel...)
I realize this is an old topic However it is something some people are still dealing with today. Puppies should have a shot distemper,parvovirus,adenovirus2,parainfluenza. thisis 1shot 3times 3-4wks apart. this will prevent puppies from getting any of these diseases.and is a preventive once a year after only 1dosethey should continue with 1 shot of this.and be happy and healthy dogs.as far as cleaning after contamination you need to use bleach in your yard, and house.parvo stays in ground up to 7yrs unless eliminated by bleach. ty Kelly wise
Parvo is a killer and dogs get it so easy.The germs live in the ground for a long time. I used bleach and water to spray the whole yard, because i have other dogs to. I washed all toys that were in the new dogs mouth with bleach also. bleached down the deck and furniture.I found a stray and we took him in, 7 days later he was very sick, he had Parvo he was about 8 months old. He was in the Hospital for 7 days and they did not think he would make it.He was not active and seemed depressed. So we started to visit him daily, most vets will allow that. We brought him Chicken and rice and he started to eat, each day he was so much happier and was almost ready to come home. Sometimes all it takes to help a dog recover is a few short visits to let them know you care.He is a healthy dog now and we love him dearly. He is part Great dane and possibly Pointer or pit.