Hey all. A friend of mine has a mix that may be pregnant. She knows of one time where the male and female tied. Starting from the date when they tied, today is day 67. She doesn't have the money to take her to a vet to check whether or not she's pregnant for sure.
Anyway, here are the signs the dog is exhibiting now:
1. Very restless for the past 3 or 4 days. Doesn't want to go out and pee, and doesn't want to get off the couch.
2. Has had no appetite for the past few days.
3. Her teats are larger than normal, and her breasts are beginning to look like human breasts.
4. She's cleaning her "area" more than normal.
5. Her other dogs(females included)seem more interested in her "area". Sniffing and such.
6. She has felt for babies, but can't feel anything.
7. When on the couch, she'll growl at the other dogs if they come near her.
I have NO experience with having pups, so I can't help her. What does it sound like to you guys? Does she sound pregnant, or?
It sounds like she could be pregnant. If she is, she really should be 100% seperated from the other dogs. Has the dog's temperature been taken? If it's around 99 or lower delivery could be eminent. If it's higher than 102ish then the dog has a fever and should be taken to the vet.
***Edited By: Minniyar on 11/17/2004 10:47:57 AM*** Reason: mistype
Watching the temperature is a certainty. I have never seen or heard of that failing. The rest sounds like preganancy to me. It is possible that they dog did not become pregnant on the day your friend saw the dogs together.
I would say there should be puppies SOON! I would make her a pen for her to welp in and do keep other dogs away from her. If she sees any fluid coming from her she will have them soon. Far out though if she doesnt feel any pups or hear heart beats she could have a false preg.