I read someones post about raisins being a no no for dogs. Fruit is a great way to get vitamins and minerals. Like anything only in moderation. Dogs like (dryed=fresh) raisins, prunes, figs, dates and apricots. fresh fruit is great as a snack as long as its washed. Lose the floury biscuits and feed healthier. By the way the raisin started out as a grape. I feed grapes often. If your pet is healthy than offer fresh fruit, otherwise talk to your dr if your pet has underlining health problems(kidney problems).
This issue is still under investigation, there have only been 10 reported cases of pets having kidney problems , so that may mean that some pets with underlining kidney problems(owner not knowing) may have some form of kidney failure. Its not toxic generally but if the pet is in early kidney disease they will be at risk of problems. In our clinic I have also never heard of a pet succumbing to kidney failure over a grape or raisin. Lets not panick, If you find a whole bunch of grapes missing then be concerned. my pets have been eating grapes for years and have blood testing every 6 months and have never seen any changes in levels, or become sick, the pet has to eat a large quantity of grapes or raisins, base that on the size of the dog.signs of toxicity would be vomiting and diarrhea . If youv'e been feeding your pet grapes and had no problems chances are you won't. But if it makes you feel uneasy change the fruit to something else.