My pet swallowed my thigh high! He ate around the elastic and swallowed the rest! I found this website and gave him the hydrogen peroxide like someone had indicated. Within 5 minutes I had my stocking back. Ugh! This really worked and I do not have to worry each day.
It is amazing what they will eat. I took my Shih-tzu to the groomers and she came home with the cutest little scarf tied around her neck.
I didn't think much about it and left the scarf on her. Later that day, it was gone and I figured it fell off and was lost in the couch cushions.
She was sleeping that night when she awoke and threw up on my bed. It was the nastiest smelling thing and I gagged when I realized it was the little scarf that the groomer had put on her earlier in the day. God only knows why she ate the scarf, but thank goodness she was able to bring it back up.
From now on, no more cute scarfs from the groomers.
A friend of my mom's had a GSD that would eat her hosiery all the time. She didn't realize the connection between her missing hose and her constipated dog, until she took her to the vet and had an X-ray done. The dog had eaten so many that they had to perform emergency surgery. What does the dog do when she gets home from the operation? Busts into her drawer and eats some more panty hose!!! Long story short, glad to hear your pooch is okay, and keep that hosiery under lock and key! lol
I'm glad someone told you the hydrogen peroxide trick. My lab ate a wet washcloth one day while racing through the house. I showed her the bottle of HP, pretended it was really YUMMY and like a dummy she tried to eat it too. happily I got the open end in her mouth - problem solved!
Hi Bluepet - the hydrogen peroxide has to be administered while you are SURE the item is still in her stomach. If it went further, don't do this. Also, I would think this is only an appropriate remedy when the item swallowed is soft, like a stocking or washcloth. If it's a coin or a key or a bone, I would NOT do this but call the vet and take the animal in. Anyway - the trick is just slosh some HP down the dog's throat til she pukes. pour it down if you have to while holding the head. If you have a dog who is gullible enough to think it yummy you can get some in their mouth before they realize it and without a lot of trouble. I remember my vet saying, it will NOT hurt the dog at all to drink HP; they will vomit it all up. Go ahead and administer as much as needed to make her vomit. The vomiting will occur within a minute or two of drinking the HP. If not, you didn't give enough.
i have a friend whose dog its underwear. gross i know they had to take her to the vet a few times. one time they had a friend dog sit, and she warned them not to leave out there underwear. but they did and they had to go to the vet. its really kinda sad.
You are very lucky and/or quick thinking! My mom's dog had to have surgery because of eating a my dad's tube sock. It caused a blockage and she would have died if not for the surgery. Now they keep all laundry in a trash can that is sealed so that the dog cannot get to those yummy dirty socks.
I am so glad your dog is ok. But I missed the whole thing on the hydro,,can someone please tell me what you do if your dog eats something that they shouldn't. make them drink hydro, then it will come back up? Thank you so much.
Wendy, at home my mom still has ugly old carpet in the upstairs bedrooms. Summer decided to dig it up and eat it one night while I was sleeping. The next morning she pooped and then was dragging her butt and there was carpet sticking out of her butt! So I had to get toilet paper and pull it out. It was disgusting!!! :) Just thought I'd share so everyone can get a visual! lol
LOL, wendy and aceyspacey! keeper just had a similar experience with a rope chew toy. my bf and i had to take bets as to who was going to um, help him out, and guess who lost? moi! ugh, gross, no more rope toys for him!
lol Bessie! Pulling poo coated things out of my dogs' butts has been becoming a regular event, my mom keeps telling me they're bad, but I think they are adventurous. lol. btw, tp chat doesnt work and my bf wont let me DL yahoo on his laptop. So im AIMing it up.
My dogs never ate anything like that but when i came home one day i notcied a bottle of Alieve had been eaten. I took all 3 of them outside and induced vomiting in all of them since i didnt know who the culpret was. It was the grossest thing ever, 3 dogs standing around me vomiting, I have never seen so vomit much before in my life. Turned out it was just sydney who ate it but she is ok now.