My dog got into his chewable Rimadyl tablets. He has a terminal condition and I don't want to put him through a stomach pump if I don't have to. Does anyone know what I should be watching for as far as an overdose? The vet poison control center wants $50 just for a phone consult.
when my cat ate the dogs 75 mg rimadyl i tried to induce vomiting with peroxide ...... since she wouldnt vomit it up she needed to go to the vet and be put on iv fluids and some liver protection drugs. since it is too late at this point for you to induce voniting i would have her hospitalized and placed on fluids to flush her system out so she doesnt go into renal/liver failure. they may want to put her on some stomach protecting drugs also.
***Edited By: scout1 on 12/27/2005 11:10:39 PM*** Reason: x