As most of you know, i've been faced with a few dilemas this past week concerning my beautiful dachshund, Tiny. First it was that my best friends daughter is getting ready to undergo chemo, and she wanted Tiny... but, then her doctor said absolutely not. Not long after that we got a call concerning my 10 year old sisters doctors appointment last week.. concerning her swollen eyes, and rash. Turns out she is severely allergic to my dog Tiny and even to my moms boyfriends dog that he has had for 8 years. Both of them have to go. *sigh*
On a lighter note, I believe I might have found an owner for my baby.. and it's someone from this wonderful forum! Oh the suspense! If it works out, I will post who it is. *grin* I'm very excited, as I know she'd have the best life she could have. I'd want her to go here, if I couldn't have her for myself. Puts a lighter note on my situation.
lpn, no.. he hasn't lived with my mom all 8 years. He's lived with her about 8 months. Kassi has an allergy problem in general, always congested... snot everywhere. (Gross, I know.. sorry) We mentioned that dog, that it had doxie in it too and the doctor suggested removal of that dog, too. No, I won't be able to see Tiny.. but I will get pictures, and updates. She will be able to live by the ocean, and Tinys FAVORITE thing is water. However she can get it.. we have to keep the toilet lids down no matter what..and if you're in the shower, she jumps in with you. She will find the smallest puddle outside, and jump in it. I know she will be happy here. Trust me, i'm not happy about having to part with her.. but if she can't live with me, i'm glad she'll be living somewhere.. where she's loved, and happy.
Also, I did contact the breeder about taking Tiny back.. and her response was.. "No, I don't want her back.. thanks though." I knew I should give her the opportunity to do so. We never discussed it, because I NEVER DREAMED anybody in my life would be allergic.. *sigh*
I'm glad that things are working out for you. And here I wrote a long, and I mean, LONG novel on your other thread, lol.
Can I ask why the doc said no in regards to the little girl with cancer? Was it because he was so young? Course, in my case, Hunter was older, and I don't think the parents in my case even bothered to ask the doctor their opinion, lol
huntersmom, the doctor said that... first off: With the chemo, her immune system will drop greatly.. and that dogs have a tendancy to get into things that carry disease. Outside, their feces.. the likes. and that her being a puppy and the little girl being so young.. it might be too overwhelming for her. Basically, what alot of members on the forum said.
Yes, it is someone on the forum... I don't want to put it out there on who it is yet. 'cause nothing is positive. I will let you know, once I know. hehe. :)
In terms of the other dog... my moms boyfriends chi/dach. mix.. she is extremely violent. If you pet her wrong, she bites.. she doesn't like anybody in our family, except her dad. Which is my moms boyfriends. To be honest, if she got out of our fence, and got picked up.. they would euthanize her, I have no doubt. She has bitten me more than once. and tried to bite my mother. but since he has had her so long, my mother never had the heart to tell him that the dog had to go. I really don't know how we're going to place her anywhere else.
Well thats great that you may have found her a home already....cant wait to hear who it is, lol. I'm sure this breaks your heart, you were so excited and proud of your new baby. It is nice you found her a home, but I am disappointed that the breeder wouldnt take her own puppy back......I have no respect for those breeders.
I'm very irritated at that breeder, but also very irritated with MYSELF.. for not discussing it before purchasing her. Apparently, she still has one of the doxies from the litter and isn't interested in having this one back. Of course, I never ever ever expected to be forced to get rid of her. When I bought her, I had every intention of it being for the rest of her life..... it never crossed my mind.
Well at least you didn't have to make the decision about keeping Tiny or letting the little girl have Tiny, that was made for you by the Dr. I hope the little girl gets to have her dog one day and you too. I am sorry you have to give Tiny up but there again you didn't have a choice the Dr. said you had to get rid of the dogs. Sounds like you are very pleased with who may take Tiny and that must be of some comfort for you. Take care and God Bless you.
Wow, I would always take my doxies back, no ifs, ands, or buts about it. It's even in my contract that if they ever find they can no longer keep the dog, I am to be contacted. As young as yours is I would also refund you your money back.
andddddd, the winner is.. none other than luvmydoxys. She has decided to take my baby in as her own! I'm so excited, after looking at her site.. they have the upmost conditions and places to play. It looks fabulous. I know she'll be happy there! :):)