Her female beagle just ate about 6-8 of those dove dark chocolate little square chocolate candies, and she is worried about her. Is that much chocolate bad? what is it going to do to her? and is there anything she can do right now? do you think she should contact the vet?
Theobromine poisoning from chocolate can show symptoms right away or 24 hours later. Watch the dog for vomiting, diarrhea, lethargy and depression. The dangerous amount is much higher in baking chocolate than in milk chocolate by about 10 times. Do you know how much the beagle weighs? This page has a small chart with information on how much would be dangerous but it sounds like the dog should be ok unless it is a very small beagle. http://www.gsrne.org/Chocolate.htm