Momma is my Bengal that had a litter of 7 babies 9 weeks ago.
When Momma's babies were born, that day I got their father neutered. Now babies are 9 weeks old and Momma is pregnant agian. Im guessing my male got to her sometime after the neuter while his sperm was still active.
Now I face a dilema. Im defintly getting her spayed and having the babies aborted, its not healthy for her to have two litters this close together. Plus im not a breeder and I had planned to get her spayed once the babies were weaned.
So I got to get her spayed before the pregnancy goes to far, but i also need her milk to dry up. I heard its hard on them if they get spayted late term and if they have milk. So this is my dilema.
Do I wait two weeks for her milk to dry up and chance a late term spay/abortion. Or I dont wait for her milk to dry up and I have her spayed this week?
What do I do? I know both are risky but im wondering which option would be best.
Nine weeks is 2 months old...I'd worry because she shouldn't have come back into heat until the pups are 4 months old. Somethings up here and either your dates are wrong or your bitch has a problem and you need to spay her anyway.....