Bear just ate 2 bags of hershey's chocolate about 20 pieces ein each bag.He ate the wrappers and all.The little sneek open up a sliding door in our car and got the bags of it.I bought peroxide and have given him a lil but he has not vomited yet. Is there anything else I can do? There is no vets open til morning.
oh good god you need to give him more then that lol. try like 4 or 5 tablespoons. then pick him up and shake him a little ... get his tummy rustled up with the peroxide .... yes i am totally serious it works.
well he still ahsnt vomited and hes outside running aorund.I shook him and everything.
You know those little bags of hersheys assorted chocolates? They have Mr.goodbar,dark chocolate,milk chocolate and Krackle.He ate two bags of those. Im not sure how many ounces they were because he tore up each bag and shredded them to get the chocolate.But there was about 20 pieces in each bag.
he's a good sized cocker right ? ~ 40 pounds or so ? if he is a bigger cocker i wouldn't worry too much. the rule of thumb is roughly 1 oz of chocolate per pound of body weight in order to see adverse effects. course it could be less or more depending on the individual dog itself, and whether it is dark choclate or milk chocolate. most of that is milk chocolate ... so less dangerous.
just watch him for signs of an upset stomach ... diarrhea etc. he may get the shakes from it also. if there is going to be a problem needing attention from the chocolate itself you will see signs of it within the next couple of hours. if by morning he is still ok then he will be ok except for maybe the runs from it.
i am pretty sure all the little pieces of foil will pass .... if not you will notice him go off his feed, no more passing stools, and vomiting.
Ok, He vomited BIG time!! About 15 pieces came out.They were hardly chewed and still wrapped up! So he just swolloed those suckers down! He has the runs and I've only put down some water,no food.He still himself and will be sleeping in the crate tonight.
I think all will be well!
Thank you soooo Much Scout! I appreciate!!
And Yes he is a big cocker at 41lbs....
I think he loves to get me all riled up!!!
***Edited By: cockerlover on 7/6/2006 11:51:02 PM*** Reason: add
How is the little guy doing? I hope everything is better!
A friend of ours has a cocker that did the same thing last Christmas - the vet had them give her a regular spoon full of table salt to get her to throw up. I thought it was crazy, all that salt is bad for doggies, but she didn't even get to swallow the salt and everything came up.