If you are having trouble getting the money together just to get your male neutered then you're in for an even bigger financial bind with puppies. A lot of communities offer low cost spay/neuter programs, maybe you should look into one.
Did these dogs already breed, or are you thinking about letting them breed? Why don't you want to get your female spayed yet? You really should have thought about all this and asked yourself these questions before getting a male and female who are both unaltered. If your dogs HAVE already bred then I would get your female to a vet asap to find out if the breeding took, then I would suggest having the litter aborted and getting your female spayed. If you don't you are going to have a bunch of unwanted puppies on your hands. You'll have to care for them, get their shots, and then try to find new homes. If your dogs have not been bred then you should look into a low cost spay.neuter program. Call your local vet, or humane society. Good luck.
well i cant get the money yet right now, but i will have the money soon for my dogs if they need to be taken care of by the vet. But i think im a lil bit late for fixing them now, cuz i think my minpin is pregnant. And im a little worried if its safe for her to have the baby. heres the url of a picture the dogs im talking about. tell me what you think.
Ok first of all not to be harsh, but we're talking about dogs here, not people, so it won't be a "baby" it will be a few puppies. Your male is significantly larger than your female, not just a little. IMHO it is NOT safe for your female to be whelping puppies from a male that large. Your either looking at death from complications, or a VERY expensive c-section. You need to take your female to a vet ASAP. Why didn't you keep your dogs separated while your female was in heat? Did you do ANY research on dogs before you got them? I hate to be mean, but I just don't understand how people can be so naive. You have an unaltered male, and an unaltered female, what did you think was going to happen? This is the exact reason I am swamped as a rescue, because people don't freaking think! There are a million things you could have done to prevent this accident from happening. What are you going to do if your female continues the pregnancy, has complications and needs emergency vet care, but you don't have the money? Will you just sit there and let her die? I can tell you right now if she goes into labor after normal vet hours and needs to see an emergy vet, you will pay three times as more! My best advice to you is to first, find out if she is pregnant, if she is, get an estimate for an abortion and spay. The sell something, pawn something whatever you have to do to get the money and then have her spayed.
Okay i'm not an expert on this stuff but there are things you do to see if it is safe you call up your vet and to him/her and see what they think oh and if this helps my friend had a female Chihuahua/beagle mix and a pure Black lab breed together and the puppies turned out fine but then again that doesn't always mean that the puppies inthis case if i were you which i'm not would really check with my vet and see what they think of it
I have already found a vet place for my dogs to get spayed and for my female dog to get checked out. Im so relieved that they actually offer low cost services. And more relieved that they have a credit card for these dogs bills just incase i wont be able to afford it all and i think im in luck that i might get this credit card for having a great credit score.
Thanks for your advices and i really do feel bad that i didnt act on it sooner. Theyre both already complete with shots that they need so im not worried about that, im more worried about her getting pregnant and die from it. These dogs are like a daughter and son to me that i would do anything for the better. My only mistake is not getting either one of 'em spayed which i admit, and now i have decided to get them neutered as soon as possible. and i apologize for the people that i might have angered about the situation. Lesson learned.