1. - Duchess, my just under 7lb Shih Tzu and Toy Poodle mix is wearing a sweater as we speak.. only because Bella my purebred Shih Tzu decided it would be fun to bite Duchess all over.. and matt her fur to the skin. I had to pretty much have her body shaved. It's growing back now, but the Kansas weather is not kind at 40 degrees at night. She gets cold, and shakes. Bella I do not dress, she has a thick, full, beautiful coat and I wouldn't dress Duch if I didn't have to.
2. - I played barbies until I was 14. I had -every- thing for Barbie that you could imagine. I even had food that looked real.. a microwave, popcorn popper. House with elevator, and bubbling tub. I'm 21 now, so I had all of this stuff... I would play barbies for house. For the older crowd on the forum, I would assume it wasn't much fun.. but you guys didn't have near the stuff they had in the day and age I was playing. hehe.
1.) Yes I dress my dogs up, but not for play. They have their winter coats, sweaters, hats, scarves and such. Some occasions they wear their halloween costumes or Christmas outfits. When I was younger, my sisters and I used to dress all of our animals up..including the bunnies!
2.) Yes. I was one of the biggest barbie players ever. Like the previous poster...I had everything too. The mini dishwashers, couches, real-like food, pets, fridges, cars, speed boats...you name it. I would buy every new barbie that came out. I had around 60-65 of them.
1. Yes, I dress Lacy up every day. She has like 80 outfits right now: dresses, shirts, tanks, sweaters. She also always wears a matching collar and bow in her hair. I don't do it for "play". I do it because I think small dogs look adorable dressed up (as long as they aren't wearing ugly cheap clothing - which makes them look stupid and silly). Her clothes fit her well and are very fashionable and she loves to dress up. I enjoy shopping for her and constantly adding to her wardrobe. Lacy is my child and as anyone would dress their child up, so do I.
2. Yes, I played with barbies as a child. I didn't spend as much time changing their clothing as pretending with them. I did like cutting their hair a lot -ruined a lot of barbies that way.
why would you think you hit a nerve ? thought it was a yes or no question. so i gave a yes or no answer. if you want me to elaborate.............i dont dress them up simply because they dont like it. i tried putting them in the doggie tee's and they became statues and refused to walk in them, so i took them off and never bothered trying to dress them again.
It was not *A* yes or no question. It was *TWO* yes or no questions. So combining the two answers into a single word seemed a little overly curt to me. Maybe she was in a hurry, so she saved those 3 keystrokes?
I was just trying to poke fun. I'm sorry if that's not the way it came off. I did not mean to offend -- especialy you, dusty. You are nearly always an unflappable, calm presence on this board.
Yes, I dress my 4lb Min Pin. She has a better wardrobe than I do. She looks really cute and she loves the attention she gets when she is wearing outfits. She also has a collar and charm collection. No, I did not play with Barbie dolls. I think the reason I dress my dog is I have 3 sons and no daughters. I never got to dress my children in frilly dresses or anything pink. I will eventually get over it...but for now I am having fun dressing up my dog.
1. yes we do dress our dachshunds in cute little clothes. more sally than harley. for one thing sally looks so much cuter in them than harley. not that i am playing favs. but harley looks like he is really po in them.
2. yes i played with barbies. still do with my 5 year old. i don't do the voices as much anymore.(maybe i do)lol
Yes, I dress my dogs in the winter (coats and sweaters). If I had females I would dress them more, boys pee on outfits. Please someone strart making clothes for boy dogs who know how to lift the leg. No, I did play with GI Joe dolls, the Planet of the Apes dolls, and platic cowboys and Indians.
My mom is crazy into dressing her dogs, the female has tons of clothes. She never played with Barbies or dolls.
1. Not yet but I might have to depending on how cold it gets here. Our puppy is just little yet and he shivers in the mornings after taking him out to potty. So we are going to look into getting him either a sweater or a coat. Depends how he feels when we try them on him.
2. Does fire crackers and melting them count as playing with them? I always had cars and trucks and stuffed animals my sister had the dolls. I used to do very mean things to her dolls lol..
1. No - my babies would hate me! Not to mention my husband would freak out too!
2. Most definitely played with Barbies. I had tons of them along with clothing, the airplane, cars, etc. I spent the night with a friend one night and when I came home, my brother had cut all of the feet off of my Barbies. After that, I just had lots of extra shoes that couldn't be used. Fortunately, my brother is well-adjusted and not the serial-killer that his profile would suggest! LOL