Quincy, my 11 year old is not doing well. The past couple of nights he's had a hard time getting comfortable enough to sleep. Tonight I let him out and he wouldn't come back in for the longest time. Later, I let him out and I had to go out into the yard to get him... when he came to me I went to pet his back and he yelped - then he ran back to the fence and wouldn't come back to me. Finally after 2 hours of just sitting there talking to him - he decided to come inside... but he's shaking and is panting pretty hard. My husband is on his way home from Chicago (in the air as I write this) - then we're going to the Emergency Vet when he gets home... but I have a feeling we're facing the end. Quincy has lost most of his sight and hearing and is just a weak, old man. It's a sad day for us. Even if tonight's not the end... we know that the time is coming soon. Pray for us... or keep us in your thoughts. Thanks Sonja
Thank you. I appreciate your thoughts. He ate a little bit for me... but he's still shaking a lot. Charley (the 7 mo old pup) just doesn't understand why he won't play with him... I had to put Qunicy in his cage to protect him from the big oaf of a pup...
When my husband got home last night Quincy was resting peacefully in his crate. We made the decision to wait until this morning to take him to our vet instead of taking him the E-vet.
He got up this morning and ate some food - then went out in the backyard. Again, he would not come when called. I know he's going deaf - but he was standing there looking right at me... He seems very cautious around the puppy and I'm wondering now - if he got hurt when they were playing and is just scared... I don't know.
I am leaning more to the thought that he is hurt or arthritic and not ready to give it all up just yet. We have an appointment at 11:15 - will post an update as soon as I know something.
i'm so sorry...what kind of dog is your baby? my parents have a 17yr old australian shepard (she was mine growing up) we've had a few close calls...close to the end, but she's not ready to go yet. i hope your puppy is ok. please update when you know.
Wanted to give an update on Quincy. The vet feels (and I'm tending to agree) that he has an injury. He gave us Zubrin to ease the pain and told us to keep him calm and relaxed. He's spent a lot of time in his crate the past 2 days and tonight came out and hung out on the patio with me. He's moving slow...but he's doing ok. Thanks for all the well-wishes.