I've heard in passing that dogs should never have grapes that they are poisonous and can cause certain functions of a dog to shut down. This wasnt a health professional that mentioned this but I was curious if anyone else has head of this or has a comment about it. They also said onions and kiwi wernt good.
I talked to a couple of vets about feeding grapes were ok for the dogs, they said yes it was ok.I have a 14 year old shepard she been eating grapes for along time even veggies and had no problems with her once a year check.
Grapes or raisins in large amounts can cause renal failure. I saw a young 10 month old Lab who ate just one of those larger size boxes of raisins that was in renal failure. I do not know if the dog lived or not. It is just not worth the risk when there are so many other choices to feed your dogs.
He's your friend,your partner,your defender your dog.You are his life,his love,his leader. He will be yours faithful and true to the last beat of his heart.You owe it to him to worthy of such devotion
Will 1-2 grapes kill your dog; probably not but they can be toxic enough to cause vomiting, diarrhea, kidney failure and death so look at it this way...........Is there really any need to give an animal grapes? Of course not. And, this goes for raisins as the amount of iron in them is truly toxic. Give'em a carrot. It does have sugar, they won't become a diabetic on a treat here'n'there and be just as careful with doggie biscuits as they also contain a very high amount of sugar. Apples are also bad especially if they get the seeds which contain toxic chemicals even to humans. Bottom line....Love you guy; use common sense.