My sister in laws dog ingested some of that silica stuff that comes in that little white packet that you get in shoe boxes and stuff like that. It is highly toxic, I called my er vet here in MD. They live in VA and are frantically looking for an er vet in their area. Is there anything they can do right now to make their dog vomit it up??? (in case they can not find one open now???))
I just called her again. She said she called the Poison control center and they said those packets are nothing more than glorified sand. There is a do not eat warning on them for children because they can be a choking hazard....but NOT highly toxic..........so that makes me wonder about the advice from my ER vet line tonight. what do you guys think? Thanks for the quick responses. I will keep that info handy.
Um.... ten greenies? no. that just stuffs your dog full.
I am glad the original poster resolved the problem. I am not surprised at your ER vet's response. Of course they want the dog taken in, so they can charge you a couple hundred bucks for after hours support.
"Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else."