I recieved a BOXER pup,who is now 2 1/2 years old... NOW. I took him from a lady that had the Brindle mother and two brindle and one black and white, She wasn't supposed to have dogs in her APT., SO,She kept them in a disabled car out back. And that is where she smoked coke or crack or whatever, so the landlord wouldn't smell it. My dog has problems with learning. I had to work for 1 1/2 years to get him to sit,down,and shake hands. I used to train dogs in a few weeks for attack !! !! ) Is there any hope for him to continue learning ? I'm an EX horse, command dog trainer,and personal protection dog trainer,and now disabled. I've had hundreds of dogs.Mean,angry,fearful,etc. This dog will run around the yard,and into a tree. BUT I STILL LOVE HIM !! Melody. Coppertop_46036@yahoo.com
If I were you I'd take him to the vet, for a full blood panel, and then check for any neurological deficit, which it appears, he may have suffered. I'd say at this point, at his age he's going to be permanently damaged, but the vet will have the final answer to that.I wish you luck, since you are disabled - this may be more than you can physically handle. I've actually seen a dog, that was poisoned by an unknown substance, he's 2 now, and totally nuts, but his owner loves him. I hope the woman who smoked crack in that car with those dogs was penalized. If the dog was exposed to enough fumes, it would definitely have a toxic effect. Some people.
***Edited By: Admin on 4/3/2008 11:34:45 AM*** Reason: .