Does anybody out there own a Lahasa apso which as a food allergy.My dog Holly and I are in the middle of experimenting with different foods. When I took her to the vets for scratching all the time he came to the conclusion it was a food allergy. I got her some food with no additives or colourings. She was eighty percent better till she went for her hair cutting and this as set it off again. Can anybody give me any advice please. I am desperate it is driving us nuts.
First off how long ago was the hair cutting because that in itself can cause itching. Secondly what food did you switch her to because she could still be allergic to something in it. One more thing are you positive it was a food allergy? Is itching her only symptom? How long has the itching been going on and had she been groomed right before the initial itching started? It may be an environmental allergy or even the groomers shampoo.