My chihuahua is pregnant but by accident so i am not very sure what time she got that way, i know it's been almost 4 weeks, and i know she did mate with another chihuahua. her belly is large and she has been using the bathroom alot, we have another dog that she was fine with untill about 4 weeks ago.she hasn't nested yet, but all the other symptoms are right. I just want a little more info so i can insure that my baby and her babies will be and stay healthy. Thanks!
***Edited By: hilee345 on 6/17/2008 9:55:28 AM*** Reason: unsure
Please refrain from saying you are new to breeding as if you are going to do it again. Do everyone a favour especailly your "baby" and have her spayed as soon as you can to avoid this from happening again. Good luck.
Hopefully the dog mated with a small dog, not a medium to large size. Dogs don't care what breed the other one is when it comes to sex drive. They don't take into account that mating with a dog larger than themselves could kill them in the subsequent pregnancy and / or delivery. What does the vet say? Have you have xrays done?
Are you sure she mated with a Chihuahua? How strange that an intact male Chihuahua just happened to be in the neighborhood when your bitch got loose and that you just happened to see them mating. You should have caught her and taken her indoors and counted your lucky stars that you didn't have to worry about your irresponsibilty possibly killing your beloved pet.
Do her a favor and have her spayed. If you decide to go through with the "accidental" pregnancy, if she survives, have her spayed immediately. Don't risk losing your baby over something that is so easy to prevent.
Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about the things that matter.
Gestation in dogs is roughly 9 weeks (63 days), give or take a few, and with a Chi, probably less. You said that you have another dog that she got along with until about 4 weeksago. What is she acting like around the dog now?
My cousin has another full blood chihuahua and he is the only dog that came into contact with her, and he only came over about 4 weeks ago so that was the only time she could have done anything, and I am going to get my dog spayed after she has her pups because her vet said that she can die from having these pups, so thanks to everyone who is helping me instead of trying to prove that i was lying.
If I were you Hilee, I would take your dog to the vet to whelp. Since she is a Chi, and so was the sire,the risk is still high for various reasons. How big was your cousins dog, and what kind of head does he have? How much does your girl weigh?
my cousin's dog is a teacup, he is really small, and my dog is a minature she is larger than him. My dog is about 6 lb or lighter and now she is abot 8 lbs oor bigger. Thanks for everyone who helped me but now i am just going to get her a checkup with her vet and let them help me through the situation! Thanks again!