Hi just wanted everyone to know DO NOT USE any over-the-counter flea/tick drops. I used some by Sergeants for my 4 cats on Sunday. By 6pm Sunday night one of my cats were dead. Had tremors, shakes, eyes black, and seizure that she never came out of. Then Monday morning the second cat had twitching, tremors and no seizures. She was real sick so we had to put her down. Then a few hours later my other 2 cats had the same reactions. Took them two to the vet , then to the 24 hour animal hospital for monitoring. They had to have IV's put in them with a antidote to get the poison out of there system. Both are doing great just came home this morning. Talk about scared. I lost 2 out of 4 cats in 24 hours. Please don't use this stuff. Get it from a vet. Something must be done. These company's are killing our pets and no one is doing anything about it. I contacted Sergeants today and asked if they could at least pay the vet bills. No reply yet. I assume in a few days. We'll see. Hartz also has a lawsuit against them for the same thing. Google the web under flea/tick reactions and you would not believe how many people lost pets. They are our furry children and we need to do something about it. Any info please pass it on.
This garbage has an ingredient in it called permethrin, which is a synthetic pyrethroid. Since cats are highly sensitive to this neurotoxin, I'm not sure why these companies have found it necessary to include it in a flea and tick repellant for cats. I'm so sorry about your cats, and I hope the ones surviving do not suffer any after effects.