I have a small ~13 lb dog. He tried to get a bone my other dog burried, which was unfortunately surrounded by ants. He ended up with one or two bites on his lower jaw and two on top. The two on top are swollen like grapes and he's been lethargic the past two days. He went from energy level 8 to 3. He use to check up what I was doing or follow me into another room, energetic, playful, etcetc. He's been sleeping a lot more than usual. He continues to lay wherever he landed and doesn't follow me.
I should take him to the vet right? or would it just be unecessary visit? My parents want to wait on it. I'm a bit worried since the ant bites weren't that big but have swollen to about grape size. His shots are up to date and he's eaten heart guard etc etc.