so i have a dog that i think may be in lobor or going into labor soon ......thursday i noticed she has milk in her boobs and last night she sharted with a clear discharge ... i put her in a pet carrier thinking that she'd have puppies but nothing yet .. if i let her out she only goes and hides i dont want her to have the puppies anywhere but in the carrier any ideals ?
I don't know that I would keep her in the carrier b/c if she doesn't want to have them in there then she won't. I believe she will "hold" the puppies in and then when you finally let her out she will go have them where she wants to. I would put her in a room and put a large wooden box (make sure she can get out but the puppies won't be able to) and make the box comfy. Then I would just let her have the puppies where ever she wants in that room. Make sure you keep checking on her so that you can help if you need to. I hope this helps :)
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. -Phil. 4:13
Do you have any idea how many days of gestation she's at? What breed is this dog, and what breed was she bred to? Don't ever lock a dog in a pet carrier to whelp. She needs you to help her, and if you don't want to, then find someone who is experienced, or take her to the vet. The reason I'm asking you what breed she is, and what the stud was, is because she may need a c-section.