OK first off I am no breeder nor a backyard breeder.I was givein a minature pinscher and told she was only 11 months old.I had not got her fixed as of yet.Well my niece wanted us to hold her min pin for 2 days while she went out of town.I thought ok the lady said she come into heat at 8 months so she is ok till about 16 months.Well needless to say my female did not look like she was in heat and they were in a pin playing and well they tied.Do u think my female is pregnant now?the male is 13 months old. and I am now guessing the female is older than what the lady said she was.Could she be pregnant and if so would the vet abort them are should I let her have them.What a mess.try to help someone and something like this happen.I know your all going to say u should have had her fixed.I have only had her 4 days.
Accidents happen and as she is a new addition to your family you would have no way of knowing exactly when she had last come into heat. I personally would have waited a couple of weeks before getting her spayed myself, just because joining a new family is such a huge adjustment for dogs.
I think at this point you have the choice of just toughing it out and going through the pregnancy, or going through getting her spayed (within the next week) despite the fact thatthere's a chance she's pregnant. I'd personally just go through with the second choice. If your vet will do it right away there's far less risk of any problems or complications and it'll be that much more of a weight off your mind.
Never trust a tall dwarf... he's lying about something.
I agree that your best option is to spay her as soon as you can, and I applaud you for being open minded enough to consider it. Many people would have looked at this as an opportunity to make a few bucks since the pups would be "purebred", even though they know nothing at all about her background. It sounds as if you have her best interests at heart and she will have a good home with you.
Good luck to you and please let us know how things go, regardless of what option you choose to take. You might also recommend to your niece that she have her male pin neutered, both for his sake and the integrity of the breed.
I thought a dog would not stand for a male if she was not ready to breed? I did not even notice her swelling are anything this is what is a shocker.I know it says something about 10 to 14 days after there in heat is when to breed.I just wondering if she is pregnant,definalty going to talk to my niece about haveing the male fixed.goign to call vet to see what they say and see about getting her fixed are what is best for her.But do theyget pregnant with they tie?
Some dogs do not show all the normal signs of heat. If the dogs were tied, then yes, she is almost certainly pregnant. Your best bet is to have her spayed quickly before the vet can't do it because of the risk of too much bleeding.