Just wondering if anybody has been through this and what the surgery and recovery is like. My 5 month old Himalayan has some kind of blockage in her nose. First she just had an eye infection and then after she waited at my vet for 8 hours before they could see her she came home with a stuffy nose too (yes, I am very ticked off about that and no I won't make the mistake of ever letting them keep her again) After a week on amoxicillin Kira saw the other doctor who we usually see and she thought it was a polyp but we tried an additional 10 days on Zithromax just to be sure. That didn't help. Because of the death of my other kitten in June, I am terrified to let her have any surgery so I wanted to hold off on fixing the nose problem until she gets spayed so it's only one time. I took her for a second opinion and that vet can't come up with any other explanation either. She ran blood tests and Kira is completely healthy besides the nose issue. I also like my regular vet very much but the one I went to for a second opinion was wonderful and the whole office there seems to be run so much more efficiently. The doctor herself called to discuss the lab results instead of just a tech and she is calling back in two weeks to see if the L-lysine we are trying has any results. I am having a dilemma about whether I should just have them do the spay and nose surgery instead of my regular vet. Does that seem disloyal or like it would be insulting to my vet?
If you felt the new vet gave you better service than your old one, I would definitely switch. It's not true that the cat has to go under anaesthetic either. She can be sedated, albeit fairly heavily, for the vet to get a look up her nose. If you are having her spayed though, I would just get both done at the same time. Good luck with her.