I have an 11 week old maltese puppy. I took her out for a walk last night. It was dark and she got hold of a mushroom. I tried to grab it from her, but she ate it really quick. I didn't see any side effects last night or today; however, I am still very worried. Please help! Has that happened to anyone? How do I know if the mushroom was poisonous?
I would think that if the mushroom were poisonous, you would have seen the results already. The sad thing is even if it were deadly, at this point there is nothing you can do about it because you didn't take your dog to the vet immediately or induce vomiting or anything. The mushroom is digested, and it's in your dog's system either way. Good luck. I hope she's all right
Never trust a tall dwarf... he's lying about something.
Thanks for the response. I called the vet today and she said that if she isn't having any side effects by now that she should be fine. However, to be sure, I will take her for a check up on Monday. It is extremely difficult because she eats everything, so I really have to watch out for her.