I agreed about 4 months ago to foster my very sick friend's Puggle, that she got online and delivered to an airport [GAH!]. He had all kinds of problems, worms, giardia, demodex, ear problems, on and on. Sorry for the misspellings.
That's not the issue though, just a little background.
We took him to obedience training, which I quickly found out that Turbo only listens when he wants to. =] Extremely smart, and easily trainable, but again - only when he feels like it. Not sure how to break that. We also crate train him, and I'd say about 85% of time he respects his den/crate, and the other 15% he eliminates inside of his crate, sometimes immediately after taking him potty. We feed him and take him out on a regularly scheduled basis and never leave food or water out. He gobbles his food up immediately and has an extreme obsession with water. If i allowed him to, he's drink a gallon of water on one sitting.
Onto the real problem I'm having... I can't seem to get him to stop peeing in the house. He casually walks around peeing, on the couch, on the floor, on the bed, across my feet as he walks by - not a full on pee, but a decent amount. I also place out puppy pads for him, that he will use only about 50% of the time.
We've had him neutered as well.
I'm at a loss of how to get him to stop! Does anyone have any suggestions for me?
it sounds more like marking then peeing. Even nueter dogs can and will mark. I would consider a male doggie wrap, they can be purchased through any mag, and most pet stores carry them. it doesn't replace taking them out regularly. It usually isn't until 6months, that a pup really gets the idea of going outside.
Oh and by the way, I have pick up all 4 of my mini aussies at an airport. Reputable breeder is the key here, and unfortunatly most mutts don't come from a reputable breeder. All 4 of my dogs came to me healthy, and happy. Shipping a dog is not a big deal, but you have to know what you are getting, and from who.
It sounds like a problem with marking but there is also the possibility of a bladder infection. The reason I suggest this is because one of our puppies that went to his new home ruined the carpet in several rooms till they realized he had a bladder infection. It took some strong antibiotics to clear it up but that fixed the problem and he was housebroke in no time after that. Just something you may want to check for if all else fails. It is something that can be a problem without you knowing it; he might not show any other symptoms but the peeing, which is incontrollable in case of infection. Best wishes.
Your dog regardless of breed sounds like a very nervous dog. I would also bet money that she bit both you and your daughter out of fear. If you reach, grab or advance to fast towards a nervous/fearful dog you risk a "fear bite". Fear bites are the most common reason people are bitten by dogs. I know your thinking how can she fear us we love her, but in that moment she felt threatened and you just didn't get the memo she was sending.