hi my 5 month old boxer swallowed a glove which we didnt knw about until 5 dayds later, but now he has swallowed a knee lenght sock, he is listless and sleeping a lot. not his normal self. how long will it take for it to come back up. when he ate the glove he was vomiting his food back up for 3 days and the vet said it was gut virus, to starve him for 24 hours but he got a bread crust and was sick about 15 mins later. do we feed him or starve him i dont want him to choke on the sock when he brings it up so should we go to the vet? help i am relatively new with dealing with pups
You may not be lucky enough this time for him to vomit up the sock. It may sit in his stomach cuasing him to not want to eat and not be able to keep anything down if he does eat. It could also move into his intestinal tract and cause a blockage there, with the same symptoms of vomiting and not eating. The longer it sits in his intestines, the more damage it does, eventually killing off parts of his intestines if left too long. My suggestion to you is taking him to the vet if he is already not acting right. He is going to require surgery (most likely) to have the sock removed. You really do not want to wait too long because it is a harder recoup time if sections of intestine have to be removed.