I do believe this subject has been touch one before, but do to an email I recently got, i figured I would post again.
Keep an eye on your dogs around your children's stuffed toys. Don't allow them to chew or destroy children's stuffed toys, and beware of diapers. The stuffing in the toys has a flame retardant powder that can become gel in your dogs intestines. No surgery can fix them, as it kills the intestines as it moves along. The powder that is supposed to lock away wetness in diapers has a similar concept, and turns to gel. The difference is the gel gets into the dogs lungs as they chew it up, and ends up being a long, painful death.
So in the end, just pay extra close attention to your pets toys, and never purchase anything that wasn't made for them.
Toys with magnets can also be lethal for children and pets alike if ingested. Even if swallowed one by one, if more than one magnet is swallowed they can connect, pinch along the intestines and either rot or tear them.
And batteries, especially alkaline.
Sometimes we speak to change the world other times we speak to keep the world from changing us.