To anyone that may know about this please reply. I have a girlfriend that raises a very large breed of dog. They had puppies 6 weeks ago. Yesterday like an idiot she gave them a small amount of EQUINE 1.87% Ivermec. Against advice. Can anyone tell me what the side effects are if she gave too much? "Which i think she did"
If they've been overdosed their pupils will be dialated and as big as baloons. However with ivomec safe breeds, the toxicity threshhold is 20 x's the recomended dose. The pupils will dialate long before they hit hte 20 x's and does exit the body fairly quickly. Chances are they will be alright with little more than a drunken stupor for a while. No it's not the recomended way to deworm your puppies but hopefully they will be ok.