Nala just ate some rat poison because my STUPID dad left it on the counter. I gave Nala some hydrogen peroxide, but she isn't throwing up. Do you think that she will be ok? I can't take her to the vet today because no one is going to come home untill tomorrow morning.
I would give her more hydrogen peroxide to see if she'll vomit again, and get to a vet, even if you have to call someone to come home or get a neighbor to take you. Call the vet now! Can you tell how much she ingested? It is very dangerous.
Also, give Nala LOTS of bread. Bread will absorb the poison, and then give her hydrogen peroxide, which will make her throw the bread & absorbed posin up. ---Allie the Chihuahua http://www.dogster.com/?41063 ---Mönica the Kitty http://www.catster.com/?57596
First Aid for Poisoning If you suspect that your pet has consumed a substance that is poisonous, look for evidence (i.e., an open container, a pool of antifreeze, etc.). Call your veterinarian or a poison control center and be prepared to answer the following questions: What product caused the poisoning and how much was ingested? When did the poisoning occur? What symptoms are your pet exhibiting? Can you retrieve a container or label from the poisonous substance to determine the active ingredient? Follow the instructions of the veterinarian or the poison control center. If you cannot get in touch with a veterinarian or a poison control center, then induce vomiting with the following exceptions: Do not induce vomiting if: the animal is unconscious, semi-conscious, or convulsing, there is evidence that the poison was: a strong acid, an alkali (such as bleach), a petroleum product, a cleaning product, or the substance was ingested more than 3 hours ago. If your pet ingested one of these substances, or the poison was ingested more than 3 hours ago, it is imperative that you somehow get him to a veterinary facility for treatment. To induce vomiting: Give full strength (3%) hydrogen peroxide by mouth at a dosage of 1 tablespoon per 15 to 20 pounds of body weight, or syrup of ipecac (follow label directions) If the pet is going to be transported to a veterinary facility, search for containers of the poison to take with the animal. Transport the pet immediately: don't wait until vomiting commences (if you induced vomiting). Cleaning out your car is a small price to pay for a successful outcome in a serious poisoning case. If you have any doubts as to whether a substance is poisonous, call a veterinarian or a poison control center.
I am probably going to get slammed for this, but I can't understand being on a computer when something like this happens. That is the last thing I would do if one of my dogs were in danger. It just doesn't make sense.