When to Induce Vomiting..... Antifreeze=YES Arsenic(ant,rat,mouse poison)=YES Asprin=YES Battery Acid=NO Bleach=NO Carbolic Acid(phenol)=NO Crayons=YES Drain Cleaner=NO Fertilizer=NO Furniture Polish=NO Glue=NO Household Cleaners=NO Insecticides(including flea and tick dips)=YES Kerosene=NO Kitchen Matches=YES Laundry Detergent=NO Lead(found in old linoleum,old paint,old plaster or old putty)=ONLY IF EATEN IN LAST HALF HOUR Medications(heart pills ect;)=YES Motor Oil=NO Nail Polish=NO Paint Thinner=NO Paintbrush Cleaner=NO Paste=NO Pipe-oil cleaners=NO Plaster=NO Putty=NO Shampoo=YES Shoe Polish=YES Sidewalk Salt=NO Slug and Snail Bait=YES(if bait has organo-phosphate carbamate,induce vomiting only if just eaten) Strychnine(rat and mouse poisons)=YES Toilet Bowl Cleaner=NO Turpentine=NO Warfarin=YES, but only if just eaten Weed Killers=YES How to Induce Vomiting..... Trickle one teaspoon of hydrogen peroxide for each 10lbs of body weight into his mouth. If you don't have HP use a mixture of one tablespoon of dry mustard and one cup of cold water. Hope that this is helpful. ;D
Good list Hector! Thanks for posting it, I did not know a lot about some of that stuff. But I am wondering why sometimes you would not want to induce vomiting. Like bleach, for instance. I know dogs are not supposed to drink it, but if they do...will it hurt them more to make them vomit?
crayons ?????????????????????? not for nothing but crayons are non toxic. so why would you need to make them throw them up ? when i was little, around 4-5 yrs. old, i used to sit with my parents gsd, major, and read him books. i used to feed him crayons while i read to him. he never got sick from them. plus scout has eaten quite a few of my son's crayons and she has not gotten sick from them either. just multi colored poops.
Thank you hector. That was very helpful. Acey, you aren't supposed to induce vomitting for those things because they burn going down and they will burn going back up. I only know this because of reading so much when my kids were little. Scout, LOL, I wondered about the crayon thing too. I wonder why? Maybe if they swallowed it without chewing or something? I don't know. Hector, thank you again. I must say I feel a little silly calling you hector when I know your female, but what the heck. LOL
WOW hector, that is quite a list. I dont think I would induce for the crayons either. The only crayon problem I have encountered is my daughter throwing them in the dryer. Now that is enough to make you vomit! LMAO
i got this info out of 5 different books. (some of the books didn't have some of this info thats why i looked through 5) I have a lot of books on dog health care because i want to be a vet when im older.