I was sitting here and here comes baxter with the thermometer container in his mouth....I freaked....this thermometer was up high on the bakers rack in the kitchen, impossible (i thought) for him to get to...he took the chair, and then got on the table, and then knocked it off, it hit on the carpet cause i didnt hear a thing...hes never gotten up on the table before, not even the chairs either...this is crazy... Hes ok...i rushed him to the vet, i didnt even call them to tell them, he was ok though, his temp was normal, no cuts in his mouth or gums, the doc did an exam on him and hes fine...he told me to give him some bread and watch his stool to make sure that it remains normal, so hes alright thank God ...I just threw out like 4 carpets so now i gotta go to target and get more...and you know all those tarts that i had burning....yep, didnt blow those out either i was in such a hurry...thank the good Lord that the house didnt burn down while i was gone
Did he eat the mercury? I though mercury thermometers were not being made anymore because of the dangers or mercury. If you think he ingested mercury, I would consult another vet and make sure he isn't going to be poisoned from it.
The doc said that the mercury probably didnt get in his system...his main concern was the glass cutting...he told me that mercury was dangerous in the airborne form, and that has to be prolonged, and thats just in humans...but he is ok