I am surprised. I was going to buy some today. It sounds sort of like a freak accident but I don't take anything to chance with my babies. I think I will try to find something else, or maybe I'll just keep brushing there teeth and not worry about anything else. Thanks
It sounds like a freak accident to me, I've never heard of greenies being dangerous from the many many people I know that have used them. 1 dog out of millions dying in a freak accident isnt enough to make me take thema way from my dogs.
I knew rawhide could do that but I have no trouble with the greenies. Now I'm a bit concerned. I use TD small bites from my vet too made by science diet that seems to help with tarter. ( I don't like science diet food but these work good)
That is sad. I give my dogs greenies often, too. But, despite the results of this story, I will continue to feed my dogs greenies. I brush their teeth, too. People still give their dogs rawhide, and many dogs choke on it! People give their dogs real bones, and guess what happens? You are never going to have a 100% safe dog toy. Kongs are deadly if chewed and swallowed in big amounts. The stuffing inside toys can clog intestines. It really depends on the dog. Our dogs do fine with it. If they each get their own then they don't have to worry about it being stolen by other dogs, thus causing them to chew slower because they don't have to worry about eating it real fast before someone takes it. I won't let this story freak me out, it all depends on the dog and size of the toy. Oh well.
as with anything, they require supervision. i agree with minni, seems likea freak accident and not enough to deter me. however, because of all the warnings i always buy the largest size in booda bones, nylabones, greenies, rawhide, etc. i shop for a 100 lb lab when i only have 2 14 lb eskies. i feel safer that way. plus, since you are supposed to take stuff away and throw it out when it gets too small, you get more use (chew?) out of a larger size bone, etc.