below is from a Scammer! Some of the emails
may not look like scams, but they all lead to the same
thing. The scammer will pay by check (cashier's check/money
order) for more then the pet is worth, then they will
ask you to send them back the difference in money. A
couple weeks later you find out the check was fake and
the bank will take it out of your account. This scam
can be set up several ways.
key points for pointing out a scammer:
1. Doesn't care much about the pet, just the transaction.
2. Says they will use their own shipper.
3. 95% of the scammers are from overseas (Nigeria, Israel, South Africa)
4. Pays you more then the pet is worth, then asks for the difference in money back.
Date Caught: 7/11/2005
IP Address: 220.127.116.11
Host Information: 18.104.22.168
MY NAME IS MR MASCOTT COLE,I AM HIGHLY INTERESTED YOUR (ADS) .HOWEVER,I WOULD LIKE TO CONFIRM SOME DETAILS ABOUT THE ITEM YOU HAVE FOR SALE SUCH AS;
(1) IF THE IT IS STILL AVAILABLE FOR SALE.
(2) THE CONDITION OF THE ITEM.
(3)THE LAST ASKING PRICE
I WOULD LIKE YOU TO GIVE ME ALL THESE SO THAT I COULD KNOW PERHAPS I WANT TO SPEND MY MONEY ON A GOOD ITEM.
SECONDLY,MY MODE OF PAYMENT WILL BE A CASHIER CHEQUE WHICH I THINK IS THE BETTER WAY OF MAKING PAYMENT BECAUSE I HAVE BEEN USING THIS TYPE OF MODE OF PAYMENT,
YEARS AND EVERYTHING GOES ON WHEELS WITH ALL MY CUSTOMER.IF YOU ARE OKAY WITH THE MODE OF PAYMENT,I WOULD LIKE YOU TO MAIL ME BACK AS SOON AS POSSIBLE SO THAT WE COULD MOVE ON TO NEXT STAGE.HOPE TO HEAR FROM YOU SOON.