Syd has been throwing up everyday for one week. At first I thought she got into something so i gave it a day or so and it didnt stop so i took her into work with me(i work at an animal hospital) They took x rays to look for an obstruction, and they did a full blood panel.
Everything was normal EXCEPT she had an elevated liver panel? We sent the results into the lab and wont get them till Monday.
Does anyone know what this could mean for Syd? Is an elevated liver panel very bad?
He gave me some anti vomiting drugs and another drug with antibotics to hold me over till Monday. He also gave me his home phone number incase I get worried or something happens, so it makes me think he is worried about her too, so now im getting nervous.
She is not to eat today, and is going to be on a low residue food till we figure out whats happening.
I just really hope she will be ok and this turns out to be nothing.
Is the cat older? I think it will be touch and go for a while and see how it goes. Not good news thats for sure. daniel my cat was 19 and started to vomit and have loose stools. It was very unlike him. I stayed on medication for a run of 2 weeks, there was no change and his vomiting started to get more frequent and really hard on him. After 2 weeks I put him down because he was getting worse instead of better. I couldn't let him waste away.
Sydney, if the vet you work with didn't say, then just do your best to be patient for the test results on Monday morning. Call the vet since he gave you his telephone number. Ask him about the best and the worst possibilities, if you really want to hear them. And enjoy your time with Syd. You have a huge advantage in that you do work at a veterinary facility where the medical attention and advise is readily available to you on a daily basis. But for today, play and cuddle with her and appreciate each others company.
***Edited By: animalnutz on 9/18/2005 11:22:14 AM*** Reason: corrected male/female pronoun in referring to Syndey's pet
sorry to hear that syd is sick. hopefully the vet will have good news come monday. in the mean time no need to make yourself sick with worry. although i think we all go through hard times when our babies get sick. i will say a prayer that your news is good.
With elevated liver enzymes, the vet will probably want to do an ultrasound or liver biopsy. Is the dog drinking and keeping it down? If not, he should be in the hospital on iv fluids, until the vomiting stops and the liver enzymes go back down.