Poison Alert > >Forthose of who have pets and children, be sure to read this. Recently a manhad his 5-year old German shepherd put down due to liver failure. The dogwas completely healthy until a few weeks ago, so they had a necropsy done to determinethe cause. The liver levels were unbelievable, as if the dog had ingestedpoison of some kind. The dog is kept inside, and when he's outside,someone's with him, so the idea of him getting into something unknown was hardto believe. My neighbor started going through all the items in thehouse. When he got to the Swifter Wet Jet, he noticed, in very tinyprint, a warning which stated "may be harmful to small children andanimals." He called the company to ask what the contents of the cleaning agentare and was astounded to find out that antifreeze is one of theingredients. (Actually he was told it's a compound which is one moleculeaway from antifreeze). Therefore, just by the dogs walking on the floor cleanedwith the solution and then licking its own paws, it ingested enough of thesolution to destroy its liver. Soon after his dog's death, hishousekeeper's two cats also died of liver failure. They both used theSwifter Wet Jet for quick cleanups on their floors. Necropsies weren'tdone on the cats, so they couldn't file a lawsuit, but he asked that we spreadthe word to as many people as possible so they don't lose their animals. This is equally harmful to babies and small children who play on the floorand put their fingers in their mouths a lot.
Mikkie is the most precious dog I know. I love him to death.
Not to doubt you, but I think you've had an urban legend passed down to you because I've heard that one before, exact same story and I believe there is no proof to back that up. If you're in dowbt, email the company.