Just wanted everyone to know if you don't already check your yard before you let your dog out for mushrooms that might have grown and you did see them. Last night my puppy got real sick with vomiting, very watery stool. All in less then a half hour after I had her out side she was so bad I thought she was going to die. Happy to say she is fine today the vet took care of it. They said if she would have ate more she would be dead. I never thought to look for mushrooms. I've only had her a little while but she is already part of my family and I just want everyone that didn't know like me to be careful.
I'm so glad your puppy is ok. You're right, those mushrooms can kill a dog, and sometimes they're hard to see, because they're in the leaves. It's a good idea to rake all leaf litter up, and then they can't grow, and hide.
I read some where about someone letting there puppies out and the got a hold of some with in mintues of letting them out they had ate them and when the puppies didnt come back within like five minutes they went to look for them and they were deathly sick. They took them to the vet immediatly within 45 mins because they live out in the country and they lost several of the puppies just within that time period. And they hide very well mixed in with grass. Some grow so close to the ground and dont have a stalk they grow up it looks like white foam or something white growing. Any kind that grows in the yard especially from alot of rain or grass staying wet are lethal.
One thing to always have on hand is hydrogen peroxide. If you know the pup or dog has eaten the mushrooms, you can admister peroxide a teaspoon or two at a time, until the dog vomits up the stomach contents. This has saved many a dog when the vet is not just around the corner. It will buy you some time, if you get to the vet quickly.