My puppy ate sago palm flowering on Wednesday morning and went to the vet where she received charcoal and an enema. She stayed in the emergency room over night on fluids and back to the vet the next day. All blood work came back fine. On Thursday night she came home and was very tired. Since then she has been very picky about eating and will not eat her normal food. I have been giving her oatmeal and boiled chicken starting sunday because it is all she will take. She seems more tired than usual but still gets up to play or greet her father when he comes home. Does anyone know how long it takes for a dog to eat there normal food or not be so tired after an experience like this or is it possible she is still sick and needs to go to the vet? Thanks
Sounds like she had a pretty tramatic experiance. If she is eating her special bland food that is a good sign that she is slowly improving. I would also call your vet and tell him how she is doing eating and her energy level and see what he thinks. Good luck. MLW
Your dog will eventually start eating again, here's 2 suggestions. Alot of dogs will eat Bil-Jac, the frozen kind, when they won't eat anything else. Walmart sells it in the frozen food department, usually by the frozen bread. You can ask the clerk who works frozen foods, they'll know where it is.
Also, give some Nutri-Cal to sustain their nutrition levels until free feeding resumes.