We just got Ruby this past weekend and knew that she hadn't been spayed. We are going to get her spayed......our question is do we do it now or wait until she is acclimated to our family? She is an Aussie and is 15 months old.
Anytime would be fine. It would be better to do it as soon as you can actually because it shouldn't be done when she is in heat. If she goes into heat then not only is she at risk for getting pregnant, but you have to wait at least 2 months til she finishes her heat cycle to have it done.