below is from a Scammer! Some of the emails
may not look like scams, but they all lead to the same
thing. The scammer will pay by check (cashier's check/money
order) for more then the pet is worth, then they will
ask you to send them back the difference in money. A
couple weeks later you find out the check was fake and
the bank will take it out of your account. This scam
can be set up several ways.
key points for pointing out a scammer:
1. Doesn't care much about the pet, just the transaction.
2. Says they will use their own shipper.
3. 95% of the scammers are from overseas (Nigeria, Israel, South Africa)
4. Pays you more then the pet is worth, then asks for the difference in money back.
Date Caught: 11/23/2004
IP Address: 220.127.116.11
Host Information: 18.104.22.168
My name is Kate Foteva, I represent a group of developers of a
new site dedicated to pets dating.
It will be launched in the nearest time. There pet lovers will be
able to find a mate (a companion) for their favorite pet, buy,
sell or adopt cats and dogs and other pets.
If you are interested in finding a mate for your dog or cat for
breeding purposes, we invite you to place a free ad. You are also
able to place free ads offering to adopt, sell or buy pets. Below
I enclosed the form fields that you can fill in and email me back
Pet ad form:
- email / IM (ICQ, MSN, etc.) (required field)
- Owner communication language
- What animal? Dog/Cat (required field)
- Animal age (required field)
- breed (required field)
- hair color (i.e. black / blonde / brown / red / white/gray / bald / other)
- body type (i.e. average / curvy / fit / husky / petite /plus / slim / voluptuous)
- height (in feet and inches)
- Pet photo
- Some words about your pet (required field - any
appropriate info up to 256 symbols including spaces and stops).
Thanks for your kind attention,