well one thing I know for sure is that it isn't sitting all that well right now, otherwise he'd be after the cat. he's just laying here.. maybe he's ticked i took the chocolate.. he really fancied the aero.. who knows.
Shig-- i woudlnt worry too much-- my 9 pound crested has eaten a half a bag of semi sweet chocolate chips-- whenever she eats semisweet chocolate any at all really i usually induce vomiting by giving Calista a ML of hydrogen peroxide- this will induce vomiting almsot immmediatly and empty her stomach-- if you do this make sure you are either outside or on a easily cleanable non stainable surface-- ie laminate flooring, tile, linoleum.
Amity with Dobber and Shade the GSDs Calista the Chinese Crested hairless and Peanut Butter Toast the kitten
Shig-- you can still give your puff the hydrogen peroxide--- it will empty his tummy-- -- even if you do go ahead with the peroxide he will probably have diarrhea for a day or two.
Calista ( my crested) will hunt down the semisweet chocolate chips in our house-- she has a nose for chocolate and i have had to do the peroxide several times-- its nasty but works wonders-- we have to keep all chocolate in the deep freezer now.
I know the peroxide has saved her life on a couple of occasions.
***Edited By: CallainGSD on 6/30/2005 12:24:35 AM*** Reason: change pronouns sex
probably diareha, I knew a big dog (probably 75 lbs) that snuck a large box of chocolate when mom and dad were out. had diareha the whole way down the hall and out the door. your dog should be fine. just continue keeping an eye out.
honestly shig-- if hes lethargic i would do the peroxide-- i will tell you that the peroxide almost NEVER makes it down their throat before they vomit-- out of the many times i have given peroxide to Calista she has vomited before i even got the syringe out of her mouth-- if its been awhile since he ate the chocolate id probably just let it ride out-- just be on the lookout for some serious lethargy -- if he gets abnormally lazy call the vet-- if you are wary of the amount of peroxide it usually doesnt take much maybe not even half a ml-- i just give at least a ml-- usually half one time and then half about 10 minutes later-- like i said though the full ml will almost never make it into their tummies-- just be on the watch out for the diarrhea.
Thanks for your advice.. I think I'll monitor him for a bit, and then if I have to I'll do the peroxide. He's been such a great friend to me since I've been able to have him, I don't know what I'll do if he gets sick. I should've checked the desks..
He does have some serious hair goin on eh.. doesn't even mind being groomed :)
I don't think you should worry my dog ate an entire bag of beef jerky and chicken skin, which he dug up from my garbage can. He's only six months, just make sure your dog gets lenty of freshwater, and I like to feed him veggies so it can clean out his system. Just don't give him broccoli, onions, or garlic because they are allergic.
***Edited By: finalsphere on 6/30/2005 12:47:49 AM*** Reason: typo
Shig... Dogs can become chocoholics. Be careful, your lil one could start having hardcore cravings and going to further lengths to try to steal chocolate after having some. lol, shig the chocolate monster.
Someone here posted a really helpful article on it a while back.
Just wanted to say thanks to everyone that gave me advice yesterday on the chocolate. And from now on I'll become the chocolate patrol. Yesterday was nerve wracking, and I don't think he felt that great overall. But this morning after a I shampoo/condition/blow dry he is back to normal and looking great. Back to his normal self.