Earlier today Roy went counter surfing and knocked down a plate with my son's leftover cake. It was the rainbow speckeled kind with vanilla frosting. Now he smelling us out of the house!! we will be in one room and he will rip it out, go into another and he will follow.
the smell in my house is so bad....two fires going, six candles, if I use any more febreeze my hubby will get a headache. My son's are hysterical due to the vocal bit. It's bad.
Think he will have any ill effects from this or is my house just tarnished? I hate to go to the vet with the only complaint being farts. LOL
Glad to hear the old boy is back to normal. One time my first yellow lab ate almost 3 dozen huge chocolate chip cookies. I had used an ice cream scooper to dole out the dough, so you can imagine how big they were when baked.
I put them on the formica top of my kitchen table to cool and went to visit my parents. Left the old Blondie in the house, as she never bothered anything. Until that day. She ate every cookie that she could reach, must have had to stand on her hind legs to get them.
The cookies in the middle of the table were the only ones she didn't eat, but those all had either tooth prints or toe nail prints in them.
Everyone said to take her to the vets, since chocolate is supposed to be deadly for dogs. It never bothered her at all. She lived to be over 15 years old.
Roy is A-OK. In fact I think he was searching for more this morning. Had too much fun last night. I caught him trying to get at the cake platter, ha ha short legs make for mom's belly laughter. I put it just short of his tongue but close enough for his nose to smell it. I'm so mean.
I would not have sent hubby or the dog to the store, think I would have gone and not returned for a day or two! lol This was one of the funniest post I have read, thanks for the entertainment and am glad to know all is good now! Bet this is one birthday everyone won't forget!
Hello All: That is toooo funny! You have my empathy! I know how it goes too! I worked as a receptionist for a vet hospital back in my home state and during last(2003-2004) christmas season a family made ornament from oreos and put them on the tree as edible ornament never thinking their pupdog would be interested in Oreo cookies! guess what? that lil munchkin stood on his hind legs and wiped out the ornaments and collected them in a stashmound and was wiping them out as the humans came home and freaked! "poopeepup" could have been used in Desert Storm as Biochemical Weaponry! his farting was so bad, one tech suggesting we use it as interrogation for violent offenders at the jail!LOL! I agreed but you know they wouldn't and puppy had charcoal ingested through him to make sure no toxins affected him adversely! It wasn't pretty! Later there was a Cat who munched Reisins chocolates, and it was awful! Lunch for us was NOT an option!
***Edited By: plrcdhlvr on 1/7/2007 3:56:28 AM*** Reason: spelling and spce errors