My three year old cat had recently been scratching because of some fleas. I applied some advantage to get rid of them. That was about four hours ago. About half an hour ago, she started running around the house, meowing, and licking all over herself. She is now panting like crazy. Could this be some kind of allergic reaction to the pesticide, or maybe she is just aggrivated at the fleas? Any feedback would be appreciated.
chances are she licked some of it. It is probably a reaction to the taste and sensation on her tongue. Some cats if they can reach where you put it, or lick it off their house mates, will drule, hang their tongue out, pant etc, till it goes away. Completely safe either way, wont hurt them, just an inconvenience to them.
I would definatly seek a vet. Just to be on the safe side. You never know what might be going one. I would personally rather spend the money at the vet and find out nothing, then lose my baby and find out it was something. Even if she has had it before, a reaction can happen anytime.
Your cat is having a severe allergic response to the flea toxin. Even though these products say they are safe for cats they are usually too strong. Get him to a vet immediately before his lungs are too full of fluid for them to help him.