please stay away from these DANGEROUS BONES!!! Little dogs love these bones because they are tasty BUT they are truly dangerous. Our family Maltese (Pebbles) who had just turned one choked to death on one. They are not even safe if your supervising your dog because our dog choked on one in the presence of my sister. We were unable to do anything for her as we watched in horror as she slowly stopped breathing and got her to the vet in less than ten minutes. The vet attempted an emergency procedure and removed two peices and the bone had also tore her trachea. Her death was caused by these bones. These bones are not worth your precious pets life as it tore our family apart. Not a day goes by that we don't think about our pebbles and how one stupid bone took our pebbles life away. Our vet told us that he sees so many cases of dingo bones and many other raw hide bones killing dogs and causing damage to their trachea and intestines. Please DONT buy these bones!!!
I am sooo sorry for your loss. That is absolutely terrible. I read the other post about someone's dog choking on a pig ear. I have given my dogs pig ears for years but now I'm going to have to reconsider that. My heart really goes out to you. It is extremely hard when you lose your beloved pet and friend. Again, I am sorry.
Thank you very much. I was hoping to warn other dog lovers out there about just how dangerous these bones are. We had been giving her dingo bones for awhile, I had no clue how dangerous they were. The vet said dogs die from raw hide more often than we know and think. Dogs have died from choking, toxemia and intestinal damage. Pebbles died from damage to her trachea. Unfortunately I wish someone would have told me the dangers behind rawhide. If you search the truth behind rawhide you will find out exactly how it's made and the chemicals it is made with. It repulses me! Please dont take chances with your loved ones.. it is had such a great affect upon my family and I. Not a day goes by where we don't think we could have prevented Pebbles death :(
a dingo bone is a bone made from animal hide. it is usually sold at petstores like petsmart and petco or stores like walmart. they are white or brown and usually have red "meat" wrapped in it. it is made from left over hide from animals such as cattle and soaked in water for a few days until the fur falls off and then it is dipped in all sorts of chemicals.
awww ladybell, I am so sorry about your doggy! I know what it's like to lose a pet, I just lost my best friend Angel, she was a toy poodle. I had just bought a raw hide for my puppy that we will get in three weeks, but It is a organic merrick bone, but I threw it away, thanks for warning us all. Your doggies death was not your fault, I know that feeling of wishing their was something more that could have been done, but sometimes it's just meant to be, even if we don't want it to. Your family is in my prayers, I feel so bad for you all! Mypoodlerocks
I am so sorry for your loss. I just threw out some bones I paid like 6.00 a piece for because it said on the package, wash hands with soap and water after handleing. If I have to wash my hands with soap and water can you imagine what they are taking in from chemicals etc. Makes me sick!
Well I'm glad you guys are taking my advice. Pebbles death has been so hard on my family and I. I have been reading reports about people losing their dogs from rawhide and I have recently learned of a story from my former bestfriend that her dog Lady died from a rawhide which caused damage to her stomach. Since pebbles death I keep hearing these terrible stories and I'm very upset that all these doggys have lost there lives over bones. I have been reviewing the product on many websites and of course not to my suprise most of them are being deleted. Another woman also left her review about the dingo bone that caused her shih tzu to die but shortly after I posted mine on drug store .com both of ours were deleted and I recently recieved an e-mail from the manufacturer of Dingo bones (she must have read some of my reviews b/c I hadn't contacted her) about how I am the first person ever to have complained about dingo bones and have ever had a dog to die from rawhide. Hm?
OMG I can't believe this. We recently lost one of our boxer puppies and for the past 3 weeks have been searching the internet for any clues as to what could have caused her death. Here is my story:
The day had started like any other day- The puppies had already had their breakfast, taken care of their business and were now playing as I cleaned the kitchen. The puppies always got treats right before their morning nap. I had just bought a 7 pack of the small Dingos and the puppies were contently chewing away. A few moments later I heard a choking sound coming from across the room. I looked over and one of the pups was laying on its side with the other puppies surrounding her. I walked over to see what was going on and the poor baby was gasping for air, her gums and tounge had turned a pale grayish blue and she had traces of blood around her mouth. My husband and I both tried everything to save her but there was nothing we could do. She was already to far gone to make it to the vet. We were devastated. The hardest part of it all was watching her dying right before our eyes and not being able to do anything about it. It never crossed our minds that this happend because of a stupid bone..there was 1/2 of a Dingo lying next to her on the floor. Thank you for sharing your story and I hope that all the dog owners stop purchasing this product so the same doesn't happen to them. I am going to do everything possible to get this product taken off the market.
awww i'm sorry to hear that you lost a pup... that's not fun... My vet warned me long ago never to feed any sort of these bones to my dogs and I haven't since... I am truly thankful to her warning because not long after she told me about them, my friend's dog nearly died (they were thankfully able to save her) from a rawhide chewy..
Anybody who doesn't know what soap tastes like never washed a dog
We were told right after we got our first Maltese, by the vet, not to give her any kind of rawhide chews, etc. In her 13 years, she never had one and obviously never missed having them. We are getting a new Maltese puppy in 6 weeks and she will never have one either. From my understanding of what the vet said, he did not recommend rawhide chews for any dog. So sorry for your loss! To loose such a young dog to a chew bone, and being there and not being able to do anything, is so heartbreaking!!
im sorry that is just horrible iv had a dog that got a peice of a bone stuck in there throat and i had to pull it out thankfully it didnt scratch his throat but now i only give him bones that are way bigger then his moulth and once they get to a size were he can fit it in his moulth i throw it away and give him a new one. it is very dangerouse.