Has anyone had any experience with an allergic reaction in their dog to common household cleaners (specifically bleach and lysol)? Stupid me was cleaning the bathroom and mopping and did not mop over with fresh water. My dog's face had contact with the bottom of the bath rug afterwards. The day after she had swollen bumps on her muzzle/nose area and above the eyes. The whole face wasn't swollen, but had irregular bumps. I took her to the vet ASAP and they could not determine cause of swelling and just told me to give Benadryl, which I have. Vet said if not normal by Friday bring her in. I racked my brain and came up with this household cleaner hypothesis, and what she has looks like hives, which I read can result from allergic reaction to cleaner. A website said to wash area with dish soap and that regular dog shampoo would not work??? Is this true??? Any other tips?
Other possibility would be cephalexin, which she was previously on for a bladder infection. But she had been on this 14 days before reaction - I wouldn't think this was the cause... My gut tells me it's the household cleaner. Oh, and the dog is a 9 year old female lab mix.