My poor little baby found mouse poison somewhere in this buisness I bought only 1 year ago. The previous owner said about 8 years ago he had a mouse problem and hid it everywhere. Well when he gathered it up he must have missed some. Winston come out with a little black dish in his mouth and had scattered stuff that looked like wheat. I called previous owner of building and he told me what it was. I closed shop and ran Winston to vet hospital. They made him vomit and didn't see anything but decided to do charcoal and keep him for the day to observe him. Just talked to vet and he said he is going to be fine. I will get to pick him up in a couple of hours. I was so scared I have searched this place high and low to see if there is anything else to be cleaned up before my baby comes back here. I know it is not my fault I didn't know it was here. But I feel like such a bad mom. I hope I never have anything like this happen ever again.
Yikes, at least you caught it before there was a serious problem. Better to notice ssomething amiss before there's an actual physical response, than it is to notice some serious health issue and not realize what the source was. BTW.. did you know that rat and mouse bait/poison are deadly in particular to rats/mice because they can't vomit and get the poison out of their system? This would be one of the few times you're glad your dog can vomit!