Because when you mix a dog you get a diffrent mix of recessives and dominents each litter, your next egneration, F2 is also up in the air.
However the goal is to take those F2 crosses back to your origional stock to improve on what you are missing and cross them back into your F2 program for F3 stock.
If you are going to create a new breed which you wish to call a "Schnoodle" it will be a long process.
If you just wish to cross two schnauzer/poodles and say that you have a true 'schnoodle' you still have a cross breed untill you have estbalished a genotype and phenotype that reproduces itself reliably when bred to itself.
PJ, schnoodles are not "pure bred." The schnauzer might be, and the poodle might be (the parents of the schnoodle) but the outcome of mixing ANY 2 breeds together is not a pure breed. It's a mixed breed.
You cannot get a poodle or a schnauzer from breeding 2 schnoodles together. However, if you don't even know that much you should not be breeding anything. Period.
Schnoodles, Sorry if my last post was harsh. I didn't realize you were only 11 years old. I didn't realize children were members on this forum. I will take that into consideration in reading posts here!
You will get an even more blended mutt with less defined features of each.
Part of the reason for pedagrees is that it tells us waht the dogs will produce from time, trial, and error. WHen you are combining two dogs, even two purebreeds with dissimilar pedagrees, its still a toss up as to what you can and will get.
Actually statistically you will have a 25% chance of getting a dog with strong schnauzer characteristics and looks, a 50% chance of getting both schnauzer and poodle, and a 25% chance of getting a dog that's strong in poodle looks. Using the Punnet square and Mendellian genetics anyway. And there's absolutely no way of knowing if the dogs will have poodle type coats suitable for allergy sufferers, of which you are. Concievably youc ould get a w hole litter of dogs with coats that would make your allergies scream for mercy.
If your'e 11 years old and you don't know about breeding, then I'm sorry but you shouldn't be breeding. All you are doing is adding to the problem of mixed breed dogs in the country. Your dog will be healthier and happier as an altered family pet. Breeding for experimentation or to see what dogs look like are pathetic reasons to breed. Breeding should only be done to better the breed. And since Schnoodles are NOT a breed, but a mixture of two breeds, it's pretty impossible to better the 'breed'.
you are 11 and say you have a 'right to breeding' . dont you live at home with your parents? i did at that age. it takes "breeders", at least the responsible ones, lots and lots of research .and they breed for the betterment of the breed. and i havent seen any responsible breeders ,breeding mutts of any kind. why dont you take up a sport to keep you busy and leave the breeding to the ones that know what they are doing. you are still knee high to a grasshopper !
OK, OK, I'm a little slow on the uptake but I think I have it, now. Schnoodles and pj are one in the same and delight in pulling our chains. Go ahead schnoodle, breed to your little heart's content. Make lots of little schnoodles. Goodbye!!!
I think she is referring to the rule that says you must be 13 yrs old to use, in other words I think she believes she can read but not post. Obviously not the case. I will say this in regards to your question, I think if you decide to breed you should wait until you are older, I think if that is something your parents want to do that is fine but they should only breed to better the breed and not better a mix breed as there are enough of those out there at shelters being PTS every day b/c not to many people want mix breeds b/c you don't really know what you are going to get. Breeding is a lot like being a parent, I imagine, as I myself have never breed anything I do know that there could be complications that cost lots and lots of money, money which I doubt an 11 yr old has. Not to mention it is a 24 hour job and being 11 you are still in school, hopefully and cannot donate your time to the cause 24 hrs a day. Now it sounds like your just trying to settle a debate between you and your friends and not really intend on breeding at least I hope not. You made a comment that you know all about breeding and if that is the case, then who am I to give advise b/c you already know and you can tell your friends you know all about breeding and they then should not argue with you.