My dog ate an entire box of chocolate. So I poured hydrogen peroxide down his throat. He vomited about 7 times, than I went online and did some reasearch. It said I shouldn't pour hydrogen peroxide down my dog's throat because it causes inhalation pneumonia. What's inhalation pneumonia?
How did your dog eat an entire box of chocolate? Was it milk chocolate, dark choolate, or just plain old 'chocolates'. How long ago did the dog eat the chocolate?
I would *NEVER* pour hydrogen peroxide down my dog's throat unless it was prescribed by a vet. If you were seriously worried bout your dog being poisoned you should have taken him to the vet immediately.
Call the vet or the number that thelifeofriley gave you anyway. You don't want to wait ntil he starts showing signs of being too sick. Better be safe than sorry. You shold hve alled vet first in a case like this instead of coming here first. My goodness , I called the vet over a blister on my dog before I came here and asked if I could put anything on it.
How big is your dog? If he is bigger he will need to eat alot of chocolate before it becomes deadly. Milk chocolate usually doesn't contain much real chocolate anyway. (which is why I don't eat it lol)
goodness gracious please calm down. it is perfectly fine to give peroxide to induce vomiting. the only reason that you should be concerned with inhalation pneumonia is if your poured it down the wrong pipe. your dog is going to be fine just like your vet told you. just let his tummy settle down now.
Thats wonderful news. We had a sheltie and my grandmother was over one weekend so the family went out for the day while my grandmother hung around the house. She left a jumbo sized bag of m+m's on the table and Shelby ate the whole bag and vomited every where. By the time we realized what happened it was too late. Your lucky you caught it in time.
It is fine to give peroxide at one tsp per 10 pounds, for vomiting, but keep in mind not all ingested toxins should be induced for vomiting. Generally, if you just poured it down his throat with out measuring and cause choking (down the wrong pipe) in causes them to inhale into the lungs and cause aspiration pneumonia. But, I'm glad the vet gave him a clean bill of health!! You can also use a teaspoon of dry mustard with one cup cold water to induce vomiting if you are out of peroxide. Never induce a caustic substance, or if dog is lethargic, having difficulty breathing, seizing, or has a bloated stomach