Wish me luck... my friend is picking me up at 1pm today!
It is a good thing she is getting spayed on Wed morn. There is no way possible I could take her today. That way I can get away from her and really think about the decision. If we could foster her, there would be no question. But it really sounds like the shelter just wants to adopt her out right away, and they want it to be US! We'll see...
Well I visited her at the vets... and she's gorgeous. Her coat is sunburned a bit (so are our babies'. Too much playing outside!), and she is VERY skinny. Other than that she seemed very healthy, and even tempered. I had my friend walk her so I could see her movement, and I think her hips look okay, just what I can tell from the naked eye. She has a very laid-back personality, so she's a lot like Evie. She's also a lot smaller than I thought she'd be. A good size for a 10 month old.
It's hilarious, we no sooner got back into the car and my husband calls asking, "So how did she look?" I know he wants her just as bad as I do. We just want to make the right decision.... If we end up fostering her or adopting her I'll start a new thread!
Oh Husky, I so know how torn you are right now. This spring I was going to bring a rescue home and I was so worried if I was doing the right thing. Another dog is more responsibility as we all know. I feel your pain.
It would be so great if you could foster until you feel more comfortable for what is best for the Zowi(name??).
After my son takes over his dog this fall I would love to start to foster or adopt another.