My 11 month old toy poodle ate a chocholate candy bar and I am very worried. Please advise. she threw up last pm and but otherwise is not acting diffrently. Should I just watch her and wait or take her 2 a vet now?
***Edited By: admin on 7/10/2012 7:25:47 PM*** Reason: test
A vet is never a bad idea, but since it sounds like almost 24hrs ago, I am not sure I would worry unless she changes. Milk chocolate is not nearly as bad as dark or bakers chocolate. There is less cocoa in it. Good luck.
If your dog vomited yesterday,she has likely experienced all the bad effects, other than possibly a bit of diarrhea. It takes an ounce of milk chocolate per pound of dog weight to be toxic. Milk chocolate contains 44 mg's of theobromine per oz. As you can see, it would take a pretty good amount of milk chocolate to kill your dog, not to say that you should ever feed it to him. Baker's choclate is a different story, much more theobromine per oz, and a much greater chance of toxicity. I'm sure your dog will be fine, a check up with the vet would'nt hurt though, depending how much she weighs, and what kind of candy bar it was.