" Once every month, is fine. My vet said they are fine as long as they are not over fed. But thanks."
Grapes are a big no no. If your vet is telling you thats its okay to give them at all, even once a month, i would be looking for a new vet. Thats just assinine. Please do not feed grapes or raisins to your dog, EVER !!!
If you are a dog and your owner suggests that you wear a sweater, suggest that he wear a tail.
Prissy, it really is a bad choice to feed dogs grapes and raisins, cooked turkey skin, onions, macadamia nuts, there are more to complete this list. I was at the vets office and a man was there with a 10 month old lab pup in renal failure from eating raisins. I don't know if the dog survived or not. There are much better choices for treats.
He's your friend,your partner,your defender your dog.You are his life,his love,his leader. He will be yours faithful and true to the last beat of his heart.You owe it to him to worthy of such devotion
DUSTY IS 100 PERCENT ACCURATE!!!!!!!!! NO GRAPES OR RAISENS... Maybe you'd better educate your VET!!! Though thinking of it differently... it would be job security if your vet gave out that advise to allot of dog owners! (allot of sick/dieing dogs)
My dog likes "Bread" mainly bagels... but given very little....so he doesn't get FAT...
Please, if you don't beleave us... ask another VET of use google and search it..
My dogs dig apples slices. But not to many...I don't want them to have tummy aches. Other than that...I'm afraid to dabble in anything else. I've heard so many bad things about different foods they can and cannot have. Call me cautious....
cheese, cucumbers and apples - they freak out for all three
Grapes and raisins can cause kidney failure in dogs. As little as a single serving of raisins can kill him. If the dog doesn't eat enough at one time to be fatal, he can be severely damaged by eating just a few grapes or raisins regularly. http://www.lacetoleather.com/fataltodogs.html
canned green beans mixed in his kibble. Raw carrots, apples, green, yellow,red pepper slices, zucchini, butternut squash, white an sweet potatoes. All of this in moderation and at different times, depends on what we are having for a vegie
Everyone knows that chocolate is toxic to dogs, because of theobromine, an ingredient found in it. I was telling a friend this, the other day , because she gives her collies chocolate for a treat. She had never heard that it was dangerous,and was surprised when I told her about it. She then went on to tell me about her uncle, who had 2 collies, and a shepherd, and every weekend, he went to town and bought them their supply of cholate bars for the week! They each got a whole jersey milk bar, every day. They also lived to a ripe old age. I have since read up on theobromine, and apparently, the highest level of it is contained in unsweetened bakers chocolate, which of course, we would'nt give to our dogs. The toxicity of theobromine is also dose related; so the bigger the dog, the better, I guess. I still would never give chocolate to my dogs, but I found that story interesting.